made pissalediere tonight. well, a version of it , anyway. brought it over to our friend’s place for a new year’s eve party…. a mellow party…some noshing and drinking. and, as i stretched the dough and grated the cheese…etc etc., i thought of all of us drinking and hugging and abusing those squawkers, blow-out noisemakers, and horn noisemakers…
and i thought of the usual new year’s resolutions and plans and goals people set … (all that bullshit).
and , of course, that made me think of all the failed goals and plans from this old year… (sad bullshit).
so i cut the peppers and drank some rum. neat. and made the pissalediere and i thought : hmmm did i set goals? i can’t remember….
And, of course, my mind wanders so i thought…hmmmm:
- what happy something happened?
- what bad and completely unexpected something happened?
- what words would best describe your 2013 life?
- what would you erase, undo, delete that upset or made you sad?
- did you lear something valuable or significant?
- did you even set goals or plans or resolution and did you even think of them or accomplish them?
- did you have any free time to spare and enjoy? i mean really FREE.
- did i truly enjoy the year? truly and really?
- was there any challenge that set you back?
- did you make someone trip and were you an obstacle?
- did you push and encourage and/or give someone a hand?
- were you excessive in your actions?
And….so i am sure i thought of more things… but it must have been at the time where i smelled something burning in the oven.
and so i said to myself… “next year i will be more careful and concentrate more in the kitchen. no more setting off fire alarm and having hot fireman come for no reason!”